Big new out of Facebook HQ….
Facebook have updated Pages Terms in order to make it easier for businesses of all sizes to create and administer promotions on Facebook (which means we can run promotions and competitions without a 3rd party app).
Here’s what Page administrators need to know:
Facebook removed the requirement that promotions on Facebook only be administered through apps. Now, promotions may be administered on Page Timelines and in apps on Facebook.
For example, businesses can now:
- Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a Page post
- Collect entries by having users message the Page
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
As before, however, businesses cannot administer promotions on personal Timelines. Accurate tagging is required in promotions.
In order to maintain the accuracy of Page content, Facebook Pages Terms now prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in. So, for instance:
- It’s OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
- It’s not OK to ask people tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize.
For more information click here
Signing off to do the happy dance